Marriage within the Church is the joining together of a man and a woman in order that they will spend the rest of their lives together. In this way they will raise children, live chaste lives, and sustain each other in difficulty and in joy. The couple call upon their friends and, more importantly, upon God to witness their promises made to each other.
This sacrament is offered at Christ Church Saint Laurence, and entails a series of appointments with one of the Priests.
It is expected that:
The couple will attend a course of preparation prior to Marriage.
- At least one of the couple are Baptised, preferably both.
- An Anglican Priest will conduct the ceremony.
- There must be period of not less than one month plus a day between application and Marriage Service.
- Divorced people may be married, but there are criteria which must be met.
- The Marriage Service will be one which is found within an Anglican prayer book.
- All fees are payable before the day of the Marriage.
How much will our wedding cost?
There is a basic fee of $2000 to the parish for your wedding. This fee covers all potential basic costs associated with the wedding, including:
- An Anglican Priest to conduct the marriage.
- Flowers in the church
- Design and printing of your order of service booklet on premium white paper, using our standard parish format.
Extra options are available upon negotiation, these include:
- Choir or soloist
- Extra printing requirements beyond the standard printing described above.
The sacrament of Marriage can be a simple stand alone ceremony, or it
may be a Nuptial Mass. We offer a wide range of services and if you are
interested in being married within this Parish it would be appropriate
to contact the Parish Office by phone (02) 9211 0560 during office
hours or email